Jeep to jeep Upper mustang 8 night 9 days.
Trek is held in the historical remote Mustang, a land where the soul of man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on a land said to be “barren as a dead deer” but where beauty and happiness abound in spite of hardship, was a part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830’s. The wall city of Lo- Manthang, unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom. The early history to Lo-Manthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951.
The king of Lo-Manthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal army.Alpine Adventure team organizing trek to the Himalayan Kingdom of Mustang targeting TIJI festival a three days long ritual known as” The chasing of the Demons”, one of the most important festival of the region. Over the festive time monks dressed in elaborate costumes and masks perform dances and rituals that are supposed to drive away evil spirits. Dressed in their finery, people from all over Mustang gather in Lo-Manthang to celebrate the Tiji festival.
Outline Trekking Itinerary: Spring & Autumn
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1,350m.), meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Full day sightseeing to Bouddhanath stupa, Pashupatinath temple, Patan Durbar square and Swayambhunath temple.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Jeep to beni
DAY 04: beni to kagbeni (2,720m.) and trek to Kagbeni (2,810m.).
Enter Restricted Area: Upper Mustang
Day 05: Kagbeni – Geling to Drakmar (3,450m.),
Day 06: Drakmar to Lo-Manthang Village (3,730m.).
Day 07: VISIT Lo-Manthang.
Day 08: Lo-Manthang (3,730m.) – village to ascent to Muktinath (3,802m.).Exit Restricted area:
Day 09 Muktinath to pokhara(915m.) transfer to Hotel.
Day 10: rest pokhara visit pokhara.
Pokhara to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel.
Day 11: Kathmandu free.
Day 12: Last minute, transfer to Airport for onward journey.
2 to 4 groups per person 1675 euro
4 to 6 groups per person 1595 euro
6 to 8 person per person 1495 euro
- Personal transportation except above programs.
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal trekking gears as well as sleeping bags.
- Personal Nature expenses.
- Emergency evacuation (If incase).
- Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Airfare: To & from your country.
- Nepal entry visa fees & airport departure taxes.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Tips for trekking crews
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or tourist Bus. (Airport/Hotel/Airport & trekking pick up & drop).
- 4 Night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu, 1 night in Pokhara at Bed & Breakfast basis
3 Major meals; B/L/D (by Lodge menu) and accommodation at best available teahouse lodge during the trek en-route.
- One professional English speaking trekking guide and necessary Porter. (1 Porter between two member)
- Life insurance for all support crews and their daily wages.
- Special Trekking Permit and Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) permit.
- Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
All official taxes and service charge.