|TREKKERS GEAR LIST
FIRST AID & MEDICINE
Minor first aid kit
ear plugs to be used as a sleeping aid
antibiotic - please check with your doctor
TREKKERS GEAR LIST
It is very important to have appropriate equipment for trekking Nepal. It's frustrating to be uncomfortable, inconvenienced or unable to do all you want because of improper equipment, and of course it can even be dangerous. Pack carefully following the list below. Don't overload yourself-or the porters--. But do make sure what you bring is suitable. (Duffel bags for the trek should only weigh about 15kg or 33 pounds.) Equipment like down jackets, sleeping bags can be purchased or rented in Kathmandu in trekking shops. There is no need to purchase expensive equipment if you won't need it again. Although the exact model or style that you want may not be available in Kathmandu, there is quite a selection of gear to choose from. This may be especially pertinent for people undertaking an extensive journey in Asia where the Nepal trek is only part of it. We will be able to assist you if you want to rent or buy equipment in Kathmandu upon your arrival. What you have to bring with for to do Trekking please Click here
- Valid passport for at least 6 months to the end of the climb.
- Secure Travel Wallet
- Photocopy of first two pages of your passport
- Two Passport photos for visas
- Personal spending money
- Reading, writing materials
- Personal travel insurance
- Large water proof duffel bag: This will carry all your personal gear on the trek. It should be strong and durable. The best size would be around 30" x 14", with a full-length sturdy zipper and handles.
- 1 small padlock: Your duffel bag should be locked.
- 1 rucksack or day pack: This should accommodate a sweater, rain gear, water bottle, camera and accessories and any miscellaneous items you want to have during the day. We recommend a pack with at least 1450cu. In capacity, or smaller if you are not carrying a large amount of camera equipment.
- 1 small duffel bag or suitcase: Items not needed on the trek can be left at the hotel in Kathmandu. This bag should also have a lock. Be sure to leave room for purchases, or buy one in Kathmandu they have many good quality ones available.
Your duffel bag is carried by the yaks or porters and won't be available to you while trekking. They will be waiting for you at the teahouse each day. So bring whatever you may need in your day pack during the day but keep it simple. Weights feel magnified at altitude and you will only make the mistake of carrying too much once.
1 down or fiberfill jacket: The temperatures can fall to minus 10c on Everest Trek at night at high altitudes and it can be cold and windy at times. You will use this item often so pick up a good warm jacket.
- 2 long sleeved warm shirts, 2 short- sleeved shirts or T's: at lower elevation it can be quite hot.
- 1 pair hiking pants, 1-wind shell type pants and 1 pair of fleece pile pants is a good combination.
- 1 heavy sweater or fleece pile jacket.
- 1 windbreaker or shell clothing (ie:Gore-Tex) including pants.
- 1 set of gloves or mittens.
- 2 pair heavy socks, at least 80% wool.
- 2 pair light polypropylene socks
- Polypropylene long underwear bottom and top.
- Cotton underwear/briefs.
- 1 fleece or knit hat
- 1 brim hat for sun or rain.
- 1 pair medium weight hiking boot with vibram lug sole.
- 1 pair running shoes
- 1 pair flips flops or sandals to air your feet out at night, also good for the primitive shower facilities.
- 1 sleeping bag –10 rating.
- 1 plastic water bottle, quart capacity or (Camel Back) style re-hydration system.
- 1 pair good quality sunglasses. Glacier goggles are sometimes required if going on the glaciers.
- 1 toilet kit: soap, tooth brush/paste, thin quick drying towel, toilet paper, and 1 pocketknife.
- Sunscreen- total block & lip care products.
- Toiletries, including foot powder.
- Headlamp- with spare batteries.
- Earplugs- to block out noisy camps and teahouse noise.
- Wristwatch with alarm
NOTE-Our rental equipment in Nepal includes the following: Please ask for a rental application if required.
- Sleeping Bag
- Down Jacket
- we provide:
- Tims card
- Nationap park
- Transportation /overland /air
- Experience trekking Guide
- Strong porters
- Our office services charge